Hello! I am back one day later with another dev log Update. I finally got the world map system more or less functional, though not super accurate. The system will be made more and more accurate in the future. Soon I will make the map sprite, for right now I have a crappy low res screenshot. Also this little addition comes with a bug fix for the mission system. Now missions will show up under their quest, and some code is in place for ‘activation’ of missions and mission waypoints. Here’s a list to simplify it
- Added world map Ui
- Added world map manager for tracking locations
- Added orthographic screenshot as placeholder map
- Added movement post process
- Fixed missions not being stored
- Fixed missions not being displayed
- Fixed landscape LoD blend (increasing frame rates)
- Fixed map not opening in inventory
- When a mission is activated, other missions do not deactivate
- Missions do not spawn readable waypoints
- Theoretically possible to add same mission to multiple quests.
Thanks for reading, that’s it for today.